Wednesday, November 5, 2008

HaLLoWeEn!!

Well, this year for Halloween it was kind of interesting because we have a foreign exchange student from China living with us and she didn't know anything about this holiday before she came to America. It was so funny watching her in the Halloween stores looking at costumes and decorations. She was taking pictures of EVERYTHING!!! Anyway, being that I am such a noble person (and I love trick or treating myself), I thought it would be fun for her to experience the whole trick or treating experience. So, we decided to get all dressed up and go with my brother, sister-in-law and their boys. So, here are a couple pictures of us after we dressed up. I was supposed to be Malificent (sp?) from Sleeping Beauty but I couldn't find the horn things, so whatever. Sylvia was supposed to be some sort of princess, but ended up looking like a gothic witch-type person.
Here is a picture of us making a funny face... I don't know if Sylvia was ready or if that was her funny face...
I had the longest eyelashes I've ever seen on....they were pretty crazy. Here is a picture close up. (ok, I know not the best picture of me, but you can really see the lashes...just call me lash-tastic!)
This is my cute little nephew, Garrik, who was afraid of my lashes at first, but the he warmed up to me. He even tried pulling them off!
Then after we went trick or treating, Mom needed Sylvia and I to go to Wal-Mart and it was so funny watching people stare at us (especially the polygamist people). I've never thought about how they probably don't do Halloween. And then after we got a pizza from Hungry Howie's (amazing if you haven't ever had it!!!) and headed home. At home we were talking about how people were really rationing out the candy more than usual. I remember as a kid I would go a few blocks and come home with a pillow case full of candy. This year, I think it was MAYBE 3-4 inches.... so sad. And the funniest part of all of this is that Sylvia doesn't like chocolate (I know she's kind of crazy), but she had a good time and that's what matters, right?!?!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Your lashes were long. That is a cute pic of G. So did you end up with Sylvia's stash of chocolate??

BTW - love your Twilight widget.

Lindsay said...

haha...no, she took it downstairs and no one has seen any of it! I think she secretly likes it, but acts like she doesn't.

Pierce Family said...

WOW! Check out that make-up!!! You are always SO creative. I was a mom for Halloween... pretty boring.