Monday, February 2, 2009

Overwhelmed!

Ok, so I had a pretty big surprise this last week. Last Sunday, the Executive Clerk from my ward called and asked if I could meet with the Bishop that day before church, but since I was in Provo, I wouldn't be able to meet that day, so I set up an appointment for later in the week. Well, then like two hours later, I got a call from my Bishop! He wanted to talk to me and also asked if I could meet with him that day, so again, I explained that I was in Provo, but if he wanted to talk over the phone, then that was fine. He said that he probably needed to talk to me in person and so he would just wait until Tuesday for the appointment that I set up with the Exec. Clerk.

Ok, so after that, I was thinking, "What in the world could be so urgent??? I mean, I already have a calling and to my knowledge, I haven't done anything wrong....." So, I kept thinking and stewing over it. Well, on Monday, I saw one of my friends from the ward and asked him if there were any major changes in the ward that happened on Sunday and he said that the old R.S. Presidency was released. Instantly, I'm sure I looked like a deer in headlights because that is just crazy... I mean, yes, I am one of the more outgoing active girls in the ward, but still...that's just crazy talk! Then my friend must have seen the terror in my eyes because he said not to worry because they put in the new Presidency that same day. Pfeeew! But then I was back at square 1....no clue...

So, Tuesday came around and I went into meet with the Bishop, completely clueless. And what do you think he said?!?!....well, I will tell you! "As you may know, we just released our previous RS Presidency and called a new presidency last week except for one calling...." (I'm thinking, "WHAT?!?! That's not what Kade (my friend) said...he said they were all called....") "and we would like to extend the calling of 2nd counselor over Enrichment to you." Holy Crap! I am so clueless.... So, any help/advice/ideas, etc...would be VERY much appreciated. I don't have a clue what I'm doing and I'm sure I'll totally botch it up at some point in time! Sometimes I really wonder what the Lord is thinking and how hard he has to be laughing because this is just nuts! So, I'm sure there will be more posts to come about how I made a fool of myself in some form or fashion!

4 comments:

Pierce Family said...

Congrats on your calling! You will do an amazing job. I'll trade you callings any day. I have the SPAWN OF SATAN primary class... seriously... they have some SERIOUS problems and issues.... they are SOOOO bad.

Ideas?.... hmmm.... I'll have to think about that.

Scot and Jenny said...

You will do great in this calling. You are super creative! I honestly don't really have any ideas. I am in the Young Women's presidency and I am pretty clueless with that. Anyway you will do a great job!

Oh and Kiley, we may have to compare notes. I have some devil children primary classes myself. I will take Young Womens and Relief Society any day!

Chelsi said...

Hey cute girl! I found your blog through Blake's. You will be amazing at this calling, but I completely know how that overwhelming sensation is - I still get it every Sunday in primary during singing time. I have a dear friend up north who does the enrichment stuff in her ward - I will pump her for ideas for you!
p.s. Thanks again to you and your family for making Trev's birthday so special last Sunday. You are all so sweet.

The Matthews Family said...

I found you on Bethany's blog! Fun! I love to blog! And congrats on your calling! If you need any ideas, my ward has the most awesome enrichment activities every week!