Friday, January 30, 2009

Addicted!

Hi, my name is Lindsay and I am addicted to the Twilight Series. (All together now..."Hello Lindsay") I know, I know you love the books too, but I mean I have a problem. I went on a road trip up to Provo last weekend and I wanted to get a book on CD for the drive. I looked all over and the one I kept coming back to is Twilight. (Yes, I already read all four books last summer in like a week). But I don't care! I just wanted to experience the world of Edward again...maybe because it is so much more exciting than my own life, who knows! So, I bought Twilight on CD and listened to it all the way up to Provo and all the way back. But the book is longer than that drive so for the past week I've had it in my car on the way to anywhere I go! And I have found myself actually driving slower because I want to listen to even just one extra minute. Or I get excited when I miss a light and have to wait for it to turn green again. I am a sick, sick person!

But now, I have come to the end of Twilight, yet again, and of course I am left wanting MORE! UGH!!! So, I have quite the predicament...do I buy New Moon on CD too and keep the spirit of Twilight alive within the confines of my car? or do I bite (no pun intended) the bullet and buy the books? (The first time I read them, I just borrowed them) But I have a feeling that this time, still won't be the last time I dive into the world of Edward. I guess if this is one of the most difficult decisions I have to make today, I am doing pretty good.

6 comments:

Bethany Wilde said...

Linds...there must be something wrong with me. I just cant get into the books. I am on the first one still, but I cringe to think about picking that book back up. It is just so cheesy and I dont like Edward as a character. Maybe I just havent read enough of it. I am where they go hiking. I hope that my confession about this doesnt hurt our friendship;)

Lindsay said...

Blasphemy!!! Those are swear words to my ears! I'm sorry Bethany, I just don't know how I can continue to be friends with you.... haha...of course I'm kidding about being friends...but really, you don't like it? I guess I can see that b/c you're not really into the cheesy romantic stuff...man, I love it. I guess I can let this one go...

Michelle said...

hahaha! I say buy the cd and then let me borrow them!! I do want to borrow the Twilight cd (even though I've read it too many times to count). Maybe we could start an TA meeting (Twilights annonymous).

Oh Bethany I may not let Lindsay be friends with you anymore.

Pierce Family said...

I would purchase the books because they are definitely worth having in your library.

I had a friend, on the dark side, like Bethany but then she read Edward's version (online) and she loved it. Now she has come back from the dark side and has read all of the books and has LOVED them.

Mitzi Beal said...

It sounds like a fan like you definitely needs to own the books and the cd's!

Scot and Jenny said...

I love Twilight! I say buy anything and everything you can. Buy the books, by the CD's, I even bought the calendar. Ok ya I am obsessed. WHATEVA.