Monday, January 5, 2009

The Host


Ok, so this last weekend I had a couple days off of work and so I finally got to snuggle up with the book I've been dying to read, "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer. (Yes, the same author of the Twilight Series.) And I have to be honest, it took me a long time to really get into the book. I mean, it was interesting enough, but kind of like, "Ok, when are you going to give me the good juicy stuff?!?!" Well, I'm so glad I didn't quit reading because I LOVED the end! Seriously, the last 3 or 4 chapters make the whole rest of the book worth it, plus they make the rest of the book fit into place better. So, I would recommend it to others and I would tell you to just hang in there and keep reading. It's worth it...promise.

1 comment:

Pierce Family said...

AMEN! I totally agree with you! I bought this book so I could read it in the hospital while I was having Kinsley... unfortunately Eric got a hold of it and read it before me (weird cuz I don't think I have ever seen him read a book). When I started reading it I was SOOO disappointed but I kept reading and by chapter 7 I couldn't put it down! I wonder if she will write stories about the people in the end... I hope so.