Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year's Resolution Rant and Rave...

Ok, so I've never understood the point of a New Year's Resolution. I don't mean to offend anyone who lives by them, but honestly I don't know why someone needs to wait for the beginning of a new year to set a goal. Seriously, what happens that makes January 1st so much more motivating than a day like July 18th or October 2nd, or any other day for that matter? At least in my experience, there isn't anything that changes with a new year except my age; I still go to work, school, church, etc. the same as before.... And I guess I just think they are kind of pointless because everyone sets them and then does it for a little bit and then it fizzles out, but it's almost like if you make a New Year's Resolution and then quit, it's ok because "everyone" does it and it's become a joke almost. Ok, I know this is totally pointless, and very ramblish, but it was just something I was thinking about. I guess I need to just talk to someone who really believes in them to try to see their view. But really, I think it would be cool if there were days about every 6-8 weeks that were more motivational than any other day by some freak act of nature. Maybe that's why people invented holidays. Ok, I need to shut up....rambling queen, that's me.

1 comment:

The Cannons said...

I agree with you. I think you should be continually progressing, making goals, and trying to improve yourself year round. I think some people, especially people who weren't raised in the church aren't really trying to progress all of the time. So because it's kind of an American tradition people do New Year's resolutions to try to improve and yes they usually fizzle out. Now I'm rambling.
MItzi